Welcome to CrushHub’s bi-weekly round-up of our favorite internet reading material. We’re collecting all the best writing from the best sources and sharing them here every two weeks. Check back soon for even more recommendations, and be sure to let us know what you’re loving in the comments!
- If you’re as sick of winter as we are, check out these Date Ideas to Beat the Winter Blues from YourTango
- Do you smell that? On LiveScience read more about the link scientists have discovered between sense of smell, sex and relationships.
- Feeling like nobody out there will ever live up to your dating standards? WeLoveDates tells you why you should give everyone a chance.
- In this interview with The A.V. Club, comedian/actor Aziz Ansari (aka Tom freakin’ Haverford) gives a refreshing take on love, relationships, marriage and how he’s working them into his new material
- What do online dating site founders actually know about dating? Learn seven things from OKCupid’s founder on the TED Blog.
- There’s nothing quite like that first kiss with someone you think is special. Find out how important first kisses are with this infographic on eFlirtExpert.
- Think you’ve found the one? Make sure to check out this excerpt from Fall in Love For Life: Inspiration From a 73-Year Marriage on The Date Report.
- Making a relationship last is a difficult task, find out How to Define a Relationship on Your Terms from WeLoveDates.
- Planning a wedding? What do you think of sending “You’re Not Invited” cards? We can’t believe this is a thing that people do, but The Jane Dough is here to tell us all about it.
Just For Fun
- Who needs Valentine’s Day when you have Mardi Gras and Carnival? Check out this slideshow of Fat Tuesday traditions from around the world via PopSugar!
- Speaking of Valentine’s Day, how was yours? Hopefully it wasn’t as much of a rollercoaster as these 19 hilarious GIFs of Valentine’s Day emotions from The Frisky.
- Fan of The Bachelor? The Stir has Ben Flajnik’s thoughts on his recent online dating experiences.
- We’ve all heard the online dating horror stories, here’s a great first person account of OKCupid on Queerty